Codelearn’s most exciting programming competition is back. After two years organizing an online competition, this year our Karel Challenge will once again have a face-to-face modality that will start on May 2 and end on June 4 with the grand final in Barcelona. However, after the experience of the last two years we didn’t want anyone to miss this coding challenge, so we have decided to create a new online Karel Challenge competition, which will start on June 4 and will be open to everyone. This online competition will have a unique category and the winner will get a Google Pixel 6.
Karel Challenge is a game / eSport that tests participants’ speed, strategy and correctness when programming. Its main goal is to spread coding and computational thinking among children and young people and to do so in a fun and exciting way. Regarding Codelearn students, only those who have finished Chapter 2 of Karel’s adventure can participate, but you can also sign up for the competition although you are not a student of our programming after-school program – just keep in mind that you need some programming skills.
Participants will have to lead a virtual robot – called Karel – through different scenarios where they will have to overcome obstacles and grab objects, complete the mission and reach the exit before the rivals. Each game will have a specific start time and players must be prepared within the game at the set time, which can be consulted on the platform using a calendar. When the time comes and the game is activated, codes can be sent.
CALENDAR – KC ONLINE
- June 4: start of the competition
- June 19: end of the first phase
- June 22-29: there will be two daily games every afternoon (CET), except Saturdays and Sundays, which games will be played at noon (12h CET)
- July 2: final-16 and Final Four
PRIZES – KC ONLINE
- Winner: Google Pixel 6 + 30.000 points
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th: 20.000 points
- 5th to 16th: 10.000 points
- 17th to 48th: 5.000 points
- Codelearn students: you can enroll on the platform, “Games and Activities”.
- General Public: you can make your registration through this link.